Browser and driver recommendations
It’s important to use browsers and drivers that are compatible with Provar to eliminate the risk of incompatibility issues which can prevent Provar from working as expected. The following includes browser and driver recommendations for recent releases of Provar.
A note about ChromeDrivers
In general, Provar will automatically attempt to download the correct ChromeDriver if it detects a driver exception. If your organization’s security protocols block the automatic download, you can override the ChromeDriver manually. To learn how, you can refer to this support article that explains how to use a ChromeDriver that is different from the one provided by default in your Provar installation.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.7.0?
Provar version 2.7.0 is packaged with ChromeDriver 101.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.6.3?
Provar version 2.6.3 is packaged with ChromeDriver 99.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.6.0?
Provar version 2.6.0 is packaged with ChromeDriver 96.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.5.0?
Provar version 2.5.0 is packaged with ChromeDriver 92.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.4.1?
Provar version 2.4.1 is packaged with ChromeDriver 91.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.4.0?
Provar version 2.4.0 is packaged with ChromeDriver 90.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.3.1?
Provar version 2.3.1 is packaged with ChromeDriver 88.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.3.0?
Currently, Provar 2.3.0 and prior versions are not compatible with Chrome 89.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.2.1?
ChromeDriver options for 2.2.1
Provar version 2.2.1 is packaged with ChromeDriver v86.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.2.0?
ChromeDriver options for 2.2.0
Provar version 2.2.0 is packaged with ChromeDriver v85.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.1.1?
ChromeDriver options for 2.1.1
Provar version 2.1.1 is packaged with ChromeDriver v83.
What are the browser and driver combinations that you recommend using Provar 2.1.0?
ChromeDriver options for 2.1.0
With the release of Provar version 2.1.0, you have two options for downloading files based on your ChromeDriver preferences.
Provar provides the following default ChromeDrivers in the following installer files.
- Provar 22.214.171.124 is packaged with ChromeDriver v80
- Provar 126.96.36.199 is packaged with Chrome Driver v83
- General information
- Licensing Provar
- Provar trial guide and extensions
- Using Provar
- API testing
- Behavior-driven development
- Creating and importing projects
- Creating test cases
- Custom table mapping
- Debugging tests
- Defining a namespace prefix on a connection
- Defining proxy settings
- Environment management
- Exporting test cases into a PDF
- Exporting test projects
- Managing test steps
- Namespace org testing
- Provar desktop
- Provar Test Builder
- Refresh and Recompile
- Reload Org Cache
- Running tests
- Searching Provar with find usages
- Secrets management and encryption
- Setup and teardown test cases
- Tags and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Test cycles
- Test plans
- Testing browser options
- Tooltip testing
- Using the Test Palette
- Test Palette introduction
- Control test steps
- List compare
- Read test step
- String test steps
- UI Test Steps
- Using custom APIs
- Callable tests
- Data-driven testing
- Page objects
- Block locator strategies
- Introduction to XPaths
- Creating an XPath
- Label locator strategies
- Maintaining page objects
- Mapping non-Salesforce fields
- Page object operations
- Refresh and reselect field locators in Test Builder
- Using Java method annotations for custom objects
- Applications testing
- Database testing
- Document testing
- Email testing
- Mobile testing
- OrchestraCMS Testing
- Salesforce CPQ testing
- ServiceMax testing
- Skuid testing
- Vlocity testing
- Webservices testing
- Introduction to test scheduling
- Apache Ant
- Configuration for sending emails via the Provar Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Continuous integration
- Azure DevOps
- Running a Provar CI task in Azure DevOps
- Configuring the Provar secrets password in Microsoft Azure Pipelines
- Parallel execution in Microsoft Azure Pipelines using multiple build.xml files
- Parallel execution in Microsoft Azure Pipelines using targets
- Parallel execution in Microsoft Azure Pipelines using Test Plans
- Bitbucket Pipelines
- GitHub Actions
- Running a Provar CI task in GitHub Actions
- Remote Trigger in GitHub Actions
- Parameterization using Environment Variables in GitHub Actions
- Parallel Execution in GitHub Actions using multiple build.xml files
- Parallel Execution in GitHub Actions using Targets
- Parallel Execution in GitHub Actions using Test Plan
- Parallel Execution in GitHub Actions using Job Matrix
- GitLab CI
- Travis CI
- Execution Environment Security Configuration
- Parallel Execution
- Running Provar on Linux
- Salesforce DX
- Team foundation server
- Version control
- Zephyr Cloud and Server
- Salesforce testing
- Adding a Salesforce connection
- Assert Page Error Messages on Add/Edit Product
- Dynamic Forms
- Internationalization support
- List and table testing
- Salesforce Release Updates
- Salesforce Lightning Testing
- Salesforce Lightning Web Component (LWC) locator support
- Salesforce console testing
- Visualforce Testing
- Performance Best Practices
- Testing best practices
- Configurations and permissions
- Error messages
- Administrator has blocked access to client
- macOS Big Sur upgrade issue
- Resolving failed to create ChromeDriver error
- Resolving Jenkins license missing error
- Resolving metadata timeout errors
- Test execution fails – Firefox not installed
- Update to Opportunity field validation behaviour
- Licensing, installation and firewalls
- Test Builder and test cases
- Release notes
- Version 2.7.0 Summer ’22
- Version 2.6.3
- Version 2.6.0 Spring ’22
- Version 2.5.0 Winter ’22
- Version 2.4.1
- Version 2.4.0 Summer ’21
- Version 2.3.1
- Version 2.3.0 Spring ’21
- Version 2.2.1
- Version 2.2.0 Winter ’21
- Version 2.1.1
- Version 2.1.0 Summer ’20
- Version 2.0.5
- Version 2.0.4
- Version 2.0.3 Spring ’20
- Version 1.9.12
- Version 1.9.11