We're here to help
Getting started (sample metadata testers)
Hey, let’s get started!
Just as a friendly reminder, since you are using sample metadata, there is no need to create a connection to Salesforce (or a different web-based application). When you import the demo.zip file into Provar, it will automatically create a temporary connection to a Provar-licensed Salesforce account and download that sample data into Provar.
And, when you launch the Test Builder to start building test cases, the system will launch the Provar-licensed Salesforce account for UI testing.
- Download the Provar installer file that is right for your system.
- Double-click the Provar installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Then launch Provar.
- The system will prompt you to select a workspace folder. This is where your test data will be saved locally on your computer. The workspace filename will default to your system username followed by Provar/. Customize your workspace filename by typing the name of your unique workspace by adding additional text.
- You may want to switch the location of your workspace in future. For this reason, make sure that you leave the option Use this as the default and do not ask again unticked. Click Launch to continue.
Activating your license
- When you open Provar for the first time, a welcome window will appear with the Provar License Manager on top of it. (If the License Manager does not appear, go to Help > License Manager to open it.) From the License Manager, click the Add button.
- Select your license type. Trial for trial license users or Floating license which allows the use of Provar on multiple physical or virtual computers in your network (paid license).
- Enter a License Name or accept the default name provided.
- Enter your License Key in the box provided. Once you have entered these details, click the Test button.
- If your validation is unsuccessful, check that you have entered the details correctly and try again. If the problem persists, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your test is successful, click the OK button.
- To activate your license, click the Activate button. The status of your license should go to Activated and the bulb next to the License Name should light up. Click the OK button to proceed.
Importing your sample test project
A test project is a group of test cases and information related to those tests including configuration settings, page objects, Salesforce connections, reports, metadata and test environments.
Why are test projects helpful? By grouping together several test cases within one test project, you can streamline the process of creating and executing tests since they can all share the same connection settings and you can easily make global changes to all of the associated test cases including the test environment, browser and test cycle.
In most instances, clients choose to create one test project and organize the related test cases using folders which can be named to include descriptive names such as the development lifecycle, release name, Salesforce user role type, etc.
After you have activated your license and created a new workspace, you will be prompted to either Create New or Import From File. Simply click Import From File. Navigate to where the file is located on your computer. Click Browse. Select the file and click Finish.