We're here to help
Configure Provar UI in high resolution
When Provar is installed on a machine with a high dpi display, Provar UI doesn’t fit properly. The icons will be very small and some sections might not appear as shown below.
Below are the steps to be followed to restore to a proper UI.
(1) Close all the running instances of Provar
(2) Configure Windows to ignore settings from within applications if a “manifest” file is available. This is achieved by adding a registry key.
(3) Open registry editor (Start menu -> Select run command -> ‘regedit’
(4) Create the following DWORD registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\PreferExternalManifest (DWORD) to 1
(5) Download the file javaw.exe.manifest from this link and place it in the folder / jre/bin
(6) Download the file provar.exe.manifest from this link and place it in the folder of Provar Installation location where the file Provar.exe exists
(7) Finally, restart Provar and confirm that Provar UI is displayed correctly.